At World Platinum Investment Council Ltd ("we", "us" or "our"), we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which we may use or otherwise process any information about you that you provide to us, or that we otherwise collect about you, through our website www.platinuminvestment.com (the "Site"). Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By visiting the Site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on the Site, for example to ask us to send you further information about us, platinum and/or platinum-related investments or other products.
- Information we collect about your visit: When you visit the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- information about your visit, including regarding the pages you visit and your navigation around and away from the Site; and
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following kinds of cookie:
- "Strictly necessary" cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
Further information about cookies is available at allaboutcookies.org.
Use of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us: If we collect information from you directly through the Site, we will make clear at the point of collection the purposes for which we will use your information – typically, to subscribe you to a newsletter or mailing list or send you other specific information.
- Information we collect about your visit: We use this information purely for statistical purposes, to administer and improve the Site, ensure security and review and focus our activities. We will not seek to connect any of this information to you as an individual unless, in exceptional circumstances, we are required or requested to do so by law or a competent law enforcement agency.
Disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your information to anyone except:
- to our affiliates and service providers assisting us in the operation or development of the Site or the despatch of requested materials to you;
- to a person who takes over the operation of the Site from us; or
- in exceptional circumstances, where we are required or requested to do so by law or a competent law enforcement agency.
Where we store your information
We may transfer your information to, and store it at, locations outside the European Economic Area. This may include transfer to countries which do not have data protection laws as strict as those in the UK, where we are based.
Transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will store it on our secure servers and use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect it.
You may have rights of access to and correction of your information under data protection law. If you wish to exercise these rights, please Contact us.